Potential AV Use Cases
Potential AV Use Cases
First Transit envisions a number of potential use cases for automated vehicles within your transportation network. The following operational scenarios would enhance mobility options for your passengers:
- First-mile / Last-mile transit connections transporting passengers to/from transit facilities such as the New Brunswick Train Station or the South Amboy Ferry Terminal and connecting them to major employers and key neighborhoods.
- Shuttles in entertainment districts and beaches offering connectivity from parking and existing transit modes to attractions such as dining, entertainment, lodging, and attractions such as the Thomas Edison Center, the New Jersey Convention Center, lodging, parking and transit facilities.
- Downtown Circulators providing efficient access to downtown areas like Edison Township from parking and other transit modes to businesses, dining, shopping, entertainment, and lodging.
- College Shuttles operating in and around campuses like Middlesex County College or Rutgers. These would transport students, faculty, staff, and visitors around campus and to/from nearby parking, residences, or transit facilities.
- Medical Transportation for employees, patients, and visitors on hospital campuses and other medical facilities, such as the Rutgers Cancer Institute of JFK Health. A hospital shuttle could provide transportation from parking structures, local transit stations, or lodging. This would also provide patients a reliable way to access medical care appointments.
- Business / Industrial Park Shuttles operating to/from and within office campuses, distribution and warehouse facilities, and large industrial facilities like the former Revlon Complex. This type of service would connect visitors and employees to businesses from nearby parking structures or transit stations.
- Senior transportation that would provide seniors with an alternative to driving themselves or relying on third parties for transportation to necessary care, such as senior centers, doctors’ appointments, and meal sites.
- Military base shuttles that would provide mobility service in and around military installations, such as the Somerset National Guard Armory.
The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.